In 2017, H & W Drug Store, Inc. embarked on a new undertaking in pursuit of an alternative treatment option involving the Medical Marijuana healthcare industry. H & W’s primary focus was and always is to provide our patients with the best pharmaceutical healthcare available.
After a very competitive process, the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy (LBP) selected the H & W Drug Store, Inc. team to operate the first Medical Marijuana Pharmacy in the Metropolitan Region of the State of Louisiana. H & W’s Region 1 services Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, and Plaquemines parishes. The LBP subsequently awarded 9 permits to regions throughout the State of Louisiana.
H & W Drug Store has been locally owned and operated for over 50 years. H&W Drug Store was started in the Lower 9th Ward in 1963 by Sterling J. Henry, Sr. and Wesley J. Watkins, at Caffin Avenue and North Galvez Street. In 1990, Mr. Watkins passed away. In 1999, Mr. Sterling J. Henry retired and his son, Ruston Henry, Sr. took over the business and is the current owner and Chief Pharmacist.
1667 Tchoupitoulas St New Orleans, LA 70130